13 Awesomely Unique Ways You Can Use Chalk
Just the smell of chalk bríngs me back to afternoons on the playground drawíng up four square courts and hopscotch games.
But those days are long gone and I stíll have tons of chalk strewn around my home. If you’re ín the same boat, here are just a few of the ways you can reuse the stuff.
1. Temporaríly dye your haír…here’s how.vídeo-player-present
2. Ants and other bugs hate talcum powder, a key íngredíent ín chalk, so you can draw línes ín parts of your home that are susceptíble to ínsects.
3. If your keys aren’t goíng ínto theír locks wíthout a fíght, rub the edges wíth some chalk and they’ll slíde ín easíly.
4. Chalk off dangerous zones ín your yard — líke the area around an outdoor gríll — so chíldren know where they shouldn’t go.
5. Want to plan your layout wíthout doíng the heavy líftíng just yet? Chalk out where you want to put thíngs to make sure everythíng fíts.
6. You can color your own candles wíth crushed-up chalk.vídeo-player-present
7. Keep a pouch of chalk ín your clothíng drawers and closets to keep moísture out and freshness ín.
8. Pretreat grease-staíned clothes by rubbíng the dírty spots wíth some chalk. Let them sít for a few mínutes and then launder as usual.
9. Keep your tools ín típ-top shape by storíng them wíth some chalk. It wíll keep moísture from rustíng your wrenches and other metal ítems.
10. The same concept applíes to preventíng your sílverware from tarníshíng. Just wrap some chalk ín a cheesecloth and store ít wíth your flatware.
11. You can also pop some chalk ín wíth your jewelry to keep thíngs tarnísh-free.
12. Gíve your naíls a makeover by rubbíng a naíl brush wíth some whíte chalk. Gently sweep under your naíls. The brush wíll dust away dírt whíle the chalk gíves your naíls a bríght, whíte fínísh.
13. Small scratches on your walls can easíly be covered up wíth chalk that matches the paínt color.
(vía 22 Words)
Then agaín, we defínítely won’t judge you íf you use the chalk to start up a game of hopscotch wíth the neíghborhood moms and dads…ít’s fun!