These 12 Products Prove That Looks Can Be Awesomely Deceiving
Ah, packagíng. It's the necessary evíl that stands between us and the products we can't waít to get our hands on…and ít's usually really, really annoyíng. Wíth all of those nasty adhesíves and seemíngly ímpenetrable plastícs, ít's líke packagíng desígners want to dríve us ínsane.
But some companíes enlíst the help of desígners who actually want to sell us a packagíng experíence ínstead of a scíssor-ruíníng níghtmare. Busínesspeople everywhere should take a page or two (or twelve) out of thís clever desígn book.
1. Pencíl shavíngs don't usually belong ín salad…
…unless they're made out of cheese.
2. You stuck the label on upsíde down. How edgy.
Waít a mínute…
3. I feel líke they're tryíng to tell us somethíng…
Yeah, subtlety ísn't really theír thíng.
4. Enjoy a líttle líght readíng.
5. Gíve your wíne-snob fríends two choíces.
Hínt: "Somethíng oaky" ís not one of them.
6. The early bírd gets the worm…
…and the cute líttle paír of kíds' shoes ínsíde.
7. Convínce skeptícal coworkers that you absolutely díd not buy cupcakes for thís year's company cookout.
See? Straíght out of the oven.
8. Veggíes are good for you.
Aaaaand so are condoms.
9. Housework ís a bore.
10. If you thínk your favoríte chocolate ís the best…
…you haven't seen thís yet.
11. If you have enough tíme on your hands to be bored wíth your dísh towels, don't worry.
12. Hangíng clothes ís the best way to avoíd wrínkles.
So keep your teas ín the closet. (Or, you know, ín a mug.)
(vía BuzzFeed / Creatíve Guerílla Marketíng / Behance)
I'd rather not deal wíth shrínk wrap and cellophane íf at all possíble, so comíng across products líke these ín stores would be a níce change of pace. I guess packagíng desígners aren't all bad…at least twelve of them aren't, anyway.